Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bloomers!

I've made a few outfits for my doll but have yet to make human clothes until now. I only know the basics of sewing, and I have never used a pattern - those things are confusing! So I'm excited that I've been able to sew something for myself. I want to put together a casual lolita outfit (google casual lolita or Gothic Lolita if you don't know what it is) and am sewing most of it myself. I'm starting from the bottom up, first item I've finished is a pair of bloomers. Bloomers are puffy underpants. How do they look?It was pretty easy to make. I didn't use a pattern, I just looked at pictures of bloomers from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and other lolita brands and figured it out. Very basic, but will be nice under a poofy skirt. I think the next project will be a petticoat or the skirt. I already have a cute cupcake fabric for the skirt. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment