Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cross Stitch

I finished my first cross stitch last night. I don't remember how long it took, and I only worked on it occasionally. It is a no-count kit, so I only had to focus on stitching in specified areas. I don't know how I feel about that, since the majority of the picture is pre-printed. But, I bought it because I loved the picture.

Here is a picture of the kit I bought: Sachi, by Sunset.

My finished piece:

Close up:

Since it isn't a counted cross stitch, the guide sheet isn't much of a chart. The guide is kind of set up like a paint-by-number. To keep track of where I was, I used markers to mark off finished sections. You can really see how little of the picture is actually stitched vs. what is printed. Yellow is x-stitch, red is outline or other embroidery. The majority of the yellow x-stitch area is the bottom of the skirt, which is unfortunately not pictured.
Now I need to find a frame! After this I'm starting a needlepoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment