Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garden pics

Spring is here, and everything is in bloom. I'm not a gardener by any means, but I do have things growing in my yard. Mostly weeds. I have a bunch of giant rose bushes that have apparently been planted by the original owner of my house, 12 years ago. The rose bushes are tall! I am no good at taking care of them, so they tend to grow wildly. Here are some pictures taken today:
Most of the roses bloom pink. All shades of pink. I do get some red primroses. I have one bush that is itty-bitty that just bloomed a red rose, and I have one plant that always blooms a lovely peach color.
I have no idea what this plant is, but I like the flower. The flowers are too heavy and they end up on the pavement. This one is beginning to lean. There is a similar plant that blooms yellow flowers similar to these, but bigger and the leaves are a different shape. I also have a new one that sprouted up this year that seems to be blooming pink versions of this flower. They haven't opened yet, though.
Did I say that I'm good at growing weeds? I have no idea what this is, but I think it's a weed. It sure grows like one... I've trying to cut it (thick stalk!!) and I've trying to kill it, but it's still growing strong. It's much bigger today after a sudden rainfall last night, and this is the wildest it's been, so I decided to snap a picture. If anyone can identify, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The plant with the large white flowers is a peony. They come in different colors and yours is very pretty.

    The plant by the driveway - I have no idea without a closer look.

    Guess who this is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I like the peony, I just wish it didn't topple over so easily.
    The plant in front of the house got chopped down! It was getting out of control. I've recently seen similar plants on the side of the highway, so I'm wondering if it was a baby tree of some sort. It'll grow back in no time, I might get a chance to take better pics!

    ReplyDelete